First time! Hello! :D

Good luck!! My hatch day for my bourbon red turkeys are February 6th and its my first time so hopefully everything will go good for the both of us.
I have access to all the duck and turkey eggs I want come spring. I am excited to try out something other than chicken eggs next. I am going to figure out this incubating thing so I can hatch the eggs that I really want chicks of and make my own crosses later on down the road lol.

That's what I think is so cool about it. Hatching the eggs of what breed you really want and keeping the rotation of the circle of life going. I never thought I would be doing anything like this but I'm excited about learning and growing myself.

How many days is that? Those are some really really good veins! My pictures would not take good...they were all blurry. I want so many breeds, but I would rather hatch them out myself, makes them more special I think, even if I bought the eggs lol. I want some marans, I want those dark eggs and I want to do some cross breeding to get darker olive eggs.

This is candled at day 6. I just now took the time and canceled my eggs seeing how I was reading your thread. Then I figured out how to post the picture. Haha it took me a minute.
Haha sometimes it is confusing getting the pictures on there right lol. So is that a turkey egg then? or a chicken egg? Have I mentioned I am impatient
he.gif

I'm going to love photographing them.. too bad I don't have any of my original camera gear now. :( Had to sale all my good stuff and downgrade so we had money for bills. Can't wait until we're steady on our feet again and I can start buying good camera lenses again.

Back
Top Bottom