First time in lockdown

Sending good vibes your way!

Good vibration s is stuck in my head now...
I'm pickin' up good vibrations
She's giving me excitations
I'm pickin' up good vibrations
(oom bop bop good vibrations)

Well I have 5 little eggs that just went into lockdown.  I candled them all prior to locking down and 1 was extremely active, so I penciled it #1.  #2 and #3 were pretty active too.  #4 and #5 are darker and not so obvious, but I think they are ok.

Asking for good vibes for the next few days!   Also, I can't seem to get the humidity above 62%.  I feel like I've added a lot of water, but should I add more or let it settle and add more later?
How is it going? update?

Still maintaining about 60 humidity. I can see a couple of them barely bobble but no pips yet. Running errands today, since I'll probably be glued to the bator tomorrow lol

I am about 18 hours into day 21 and I don't see any bobbling, moving, twitching or anything. Its so cold outside (2*F with a high of maybe 18 today) and my humidity keeps dropping to around 50%. It will pop up to maybe 55, but mostly staying around 50. I felt like the air sacs were on the small side at day 18 but now I'm getting worried.

Is it safe to candle again or should I just continue to wait?

I'd give them at least a couple of more days. The 21 days is a guideline, not a rule. Sometimes hatches can be delayed by a day or so, especially if your thermometer is a degree or two off, and you had lower temps than average. Don't panic just yet.

My impatience got me before your replies. I wanted to add a wet cloth to increase humidity so I grabbed an egg in a warmed wash cloth and checked it quickly. The air sac is still intact and I didn't see any movement. Gonna give it a couple more days. I got duck eggs over the weekend, so I don't want to hold them too long, but I think a couple more days will be ok.

I'm seeing good movement from egg #2 now. It bobs to one side pretty good. I assume that's the side its trying to pip on? Must be, cause its the side that I can't see very well lol!

Back
Top Bottom