First time incubater 😊

Should I make air holes or just leave them?
And also as there are no external pips would it be ok if I opened the incubator to candle them or would that be to dangerous?
Ok so a safety hole should be put if the duckling internally pipped more than 24 hours ago. Yes, you can candle real quick and post pictures, I can help you tell if they have internally pipped or not.

We have a pip!!! 🐣

Attachments

• AA403426-E57D-4325-9779-21A384907407.jpeg
    AA403426-E57D-4325-9779-21A384907407.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 2
So this happened sometime between 2am and 7am. How long before there’s any more progress? (Sorry, I’m being V. Impatient!)
The other one still hasn’t pipped yet, do you think I should take him out and make an air hole?

Ok 😬 it’s so hard just seeing him sat there with his little pip! I just keep looking through all the time 🤣
I’ve set up the brooder now and got the heat lamp running!
yes I’m pretty certain he’s been internally pipped for over 24 hours now, just nervous to open up the incubator to get him out because of the pip on the other one!

Don’t sorr
Ok 😬 it’s so hard just seeing him sat there with his little pip! I just keep looking through all the time 🤣
I’ve set up the brooder now and got the heat lamp running!
yes I’m pretty certain he’s been internally pipped for over 24 hours now, just nervous to open up the incubator to get him out because of the pip on the other one!
Dont worry, i’m the same way!
Pull the egg out quick, like under 45 seconds - a minute and the pipped one should be fine. I opened my incubator all the time during lockdown and my eggs were fine. Just be quick

Back
Top Bottom