First time incubater 😊

They’re so cute! 🥰
Please could you help me ASAP? I’m really concerned about our little pipper!
no more progress this morning but the membrane area I can see is really dark! Do I need to help out?

Attachments

• D996333B-7971-4311-9E73-25E127DD7404.jpeg
    D996333B-7971-4311-9E73-25E127DD7404.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 4
I’ve helped out a bit, I was so worried that he’d died!
I chipped away some shell and peeled a little membrane and he’s very loud and moving allot in there.
will he be ok?
My concern is that I can still see red veins.
I’ve moistened the area with a little coconut oil and popped him back in the incubator but have I don’t the right thing? Do I need to help more? Will he be ok and hatch out the rest of the way on his own?

Here he is. I think I nicked a tiny little vein but this was all the blood that came from it. Should I help out some more or just let him be?

Attachments

• CE9D1876-9F54-4353-B0E4-5F42CC7A41E6.jpeg
    CE9D1876-9F54-4353-B0E4-5F42CC7A41E6.jpeg
    661.7 KB · Views: 5
I’ve helped out a bit, I was so worried that he’d died!
I chipped away some shell and peeled a little membrane and he’s very loud and moving allot in there.
will he be ok?
My concern is that I can still see red veins.
I’ve moistened the area with a little coconut oil and popped him back in the incubator but have I don’t the right thing? Do I need to help more? Will he be ok and hatch out the rest of the way on his own?
It sounds like you did everything right! Ducklings take FOREVERRRR to hatch

OOPS! I didn’t realize there were duckling pictures! YAYYYY! What breed is little Gerald? To upload a video, you have to first upload it to youtube or facebook and post the link here. Congrats! :yesss: :ya:wee:highfive:

Last edited:
I got the eggs shipped from eBay and they were sold as Pekin X Indian runners 🥰
Gerald is nice and fluffy now and clumsily making his way around the incubator 🤣
Daphne is now here too! She’s beautiful and is moving well and cheeping well but has some protruding yolk sac I’m slightly concerned about but it seems to be shrinking down ♥️

Back
Top Bottom