First time incubating have questions

dornellaram

Chirping
Jan 25, 2023
I have an automatic intelligent incubator that has rollers for turning the eggs and three ports that you attach a water bottle to that feed into the incubator. There were no instructions to the incubator except how to set it all up. Does anyone else have an incubator like this and my question is, do I attach all three water bottles at once? I'm not sure how to post a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

I could not find operating instructions with that and you said it only came with set-up instructions. I assume those did not mention the number of bottles. Is there enough information to contact the manufacturer and ask them, probably by e-mail?

All their photos show multiple bottles. Just based on that I'd try either two or three and expect it to work.

@dornellaram First question I have is are all the water bottles feeding one reservoir inside incubator or does each bottle have its own separate reservoir? If each bottle has its own, I would set it up running without any bottles seeing where your humidity is, then using 1 bottle and see where your humidity is, if low add another bottle and so on. Everyone's humidity is different depending on where you live and where you are setting up your incubator there is no one size fits all so to speak. Depending on the humidity in your area or where you set up incubator you may not need any extra water or more than just the bottles will offer.

@dornellaram First question I have is are all the water bottles feeding one reservoir inside incubator or does each bottle have its own separate reservoir? If each bottle has its own, I would set it up running without any bottles seeing where your humidity is, then using 1 bottle and see where your humidity is, if low add another bottle and so on. Everyone's humidity is different depending on where you live and where you are setting up your incubator there is no one size fits all so to speak. Depending on the humidity in your area or where you set up incubator you may not need any extra water or more than just the bottles will offer.
Each has their own reservoir. Thank you for the information.

Each has their own reservoir. Thank you for the information.
Glad to help hope it helps you I know its trial and error, but it always is with humidity in incubation if there was a set amount of water to use in every situation it would be so easy but that is not the case. Be glad to help if you have other questions GOOD LUCK.

Glad to help hope it helps you I know its trial and error, but it always is with humidity in incubation if there was a set amount of water to use in every situation it would be so easy but that is not the case. Be glad to help if you have other questions GOOD LUCK.
I may be calling on you again for help. Thank you . I will let you know how I progress. I have 11 eggs in there. This incubator was supposed to hold 15, but we know how that goes. The original chicken coop I ordered was supposed to hold 5 chickens,,,,lol,,,five small biddies maybe,,,,but definitely not 5 grown laying hens.

Back
Top Bottom