First time incubating, Humidity question......

Capt Mike

Chirping
Apr 16, 2020
HI, My first time incubating, I have a Nurture Right 360, I have a mix of RIR and Silkie eggs in it, I am at day 4.
I am in SW Fla, it rains here every afternoon and the humidly in the house is running 50%. If I run the 360 Dry I get 30% if I fill with water I get 50-60%, I have read these threads but would like some advise on the humidity. From what I read I think I am better at the 30% mark?

Hi there! We're in Titusville, FL, and recently incubated 14 eggs in one of our incubators. We didn't add any water throughout the whole incubation period and every (viable) chick hatched just fine. We did add water at lockdown, of course. Ambient humidity is very helpful! :D

HI, My first time incubating, I have a Nurture Right 360, I have a mix of RIR and Silkie eggs in it, I am at day 4.
I am in SW Fla, it rains here every afternoon and the humidly in the house is running 50%. If I run the 360 Dry I get 30% if I fill with water I get 50-60%, I have read these threads but would like some advise on the humidity. From what I read I think I am better at the 30% mark?
Is that only one well or both filled, and vent open ALL the way?

Yes, I think 30% is better than 60 but a but low for the SIlkie eggs.. too large an air cell is also not desirable. Egg color matters for evaporation.. lighter eggs evaporate faster than darker eggs.

Are the eggs from your flock, shipped, how fresh?

Honestly.. I think the 360 is literally set it and forget it you almost cannot screw it up it you follow the directions that come with it.. fill the first well for the first 18 days.. and both well for the last 3 days.. They know humidity isn't rocket surgery WITHIN a certain range and temperature makes ALL the difference.. I dislike the 360 for a multitude of reasons BUT it always gave hatches on day 21. With both wells filled it still won't go up to 70% humidity inside.

Happy hatching! :jumpy :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom