First Time "Meeting" a Grape...

ColtHandorf

🙄🤚 Sass Master
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Feb 19, 2019
Klondike, Texas
So my roommate had some green grapes she was freezing as snacks for herself and there were a few bruised/blemished ones at the bottom of the bag. I snatched them up to take out to the chickens. I tossed them one at a time over the fence to the waiting chickens. They chased a few down and lost interest but Golly and Georgia were super interested in them. They each snatched one and proceeded to smash them to get all the juice and then tossed them back to get them down. They were dribbling and mumbling to themselves the entire time. It was super cute. Georgia found the last grape and investigated it with both eyes before she gobbled it up too. :) I had no idea they'd enjoy them so much. I'll have to get some more for them.

I'd offered them various leafy vegetables that were met with clear disdain...lol The frozen veggies (peas, green beans, corn, and carrots) was much better received. I was just surprised the chickens gave them a chance to get the grapes and how much they enjoyed them. I'll have to see if I can't sweeten Georgia up to me with a few. She's always been a bit more shy, versus Golly who practically climbs in my lap.

Back
Top Bottom