First time owner of hens and enjoying every minute!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by luvinmybirds, Aug 7, 2011.

1. luvinmybirds

luvinmybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2011
    GreenCoveSprings,FL
    When my husband approach me about having chickens in our backyard I truly wasn't for it at all, but we together built our chicken coop and then I couldn't wait to get our hens. We just purchased them a week ago and I spend so much time just watching them. We have 3 Dominiques, Roxie, Rosie and Gertie. We also have a Red Bellied Parrot and a Boxer. I never thought chickens could make me laugh as much as our girls. Now all I can think about is adding another breed. I found this site while doing a lot of research prior to building our coop and getting the girls. I have learned quite a lot just reading the posts that I knew I needed to join to continue getting my questions and concerns answered from more others who know much more than I do about chickens.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

So glad you joined, congrats on the chicks

Imp

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble Premium Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Yeah - and most people will look at you like you're nuts when you try to explain how fun chickens can be (except here on BYC [​IMG]). If I had the space, facilities, and money, I'd have a hundred different breeds, one of each. Try a mix of breeds next time you add to your flock [​IMG] And [​IMG] !!!

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] from WA. [​IMG] glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome to BYC! Congrats on your first three! I could not pick just one breed, so I have 7 breeds out of 8 chicks! I truly love each breed and wish I could have 2 of each!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas! Glad you joined! This is THE place to learn and have some fun in the bargain!! Enjoy!! [​IMG]

8. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga,

[​IMG]

WELCOME ABOARD. [​IMG]

9. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

It's fun huh? [​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. orpingtonbabies

orpingtonbabies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    [​IMG] I wish I would have started with less chicks (like you) cuz now I know even MORE about breeds and want 'em all... But, I'm already close to the max I can have in my coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by