First time pigeon caregiver...

That's so fun though! I'm jealous.
[/QUOTE
5EB62501-08DD-4C07-B50A-DA26A75C9923.jpeg
]
It is me and my sister both have a love for animals! I love my squirrel like I would a dog or cat!

:hugs for taking in the pigeon. Just feed the pigeon wild bird seeds. If you have some grit, then offer it also. If not, then try to pick up some gravel bits, and drop on the cage floor. Pigeon may decide to take some in.
If you do end up having to keep this one, and a mate, we can guide you thru loft/aviary and other needs.
BTW,, I have squirrel pets also,,,, about 20 of them,,, but they all live outdoors. I will go thru over 100 pounds of BOSS from now until Spring.

IMG_20201003_164330962.jpg
IMG_20201003_164350500.jpg

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

:hugs for taking in the pigeon. Just feed the pigeon wild bird seeds. If you have some grit, then offer it also. If not, then try to pick up some gravel bits, and drop on the cage floor. Pigeon may decide to take some in.
If you do end up having to keep this one, and a mate, we can guide you thru loft/aviary and other needs.
BTW,, I have squirrel pets also,,,, about 20 of them,,, but they all live outdoors. I will go thru over 100 pounds of BOSS from now until Spring.

View attachment 2362043View attachment 2362044
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:
Thank you! Btw I love your squirrels they are so cute!❤️

Just wondering if owner took pigeon back, or brought you a mate??
The owner has not yet contacted us on what to do with the bird, or sent us a mate. We are still taking care of the pigeon, we have it in a wire cage right now with a bowl of wild bird seed and a bowl of water, not to mention a perch or roost for it to sleep on at night.

In many instances, pigeon owners decline getting their bird (pigeon) back. They view that bird as not very homing oriented, since he got lost. They also have plenty other pigeons, so one lost bird is not a real loss. There is also the other factor of distance away from you. Some individuals may not feel it is worth the travel.
I have read of many peeps here that were gifted the found bird, Somehow I feel that it will be same with you. Obviously if that individual stops communicating with you, that means he abandoned pigeon. Not the nicest response, but that is reality of the human race.
Prepare to keep him, or forward to someone else nearby that may like to have him.

In many instances, pigeon owners decline getting their bird (pigeon) back. They view that bird as not very homing oriented, since he got lost. They also have plenty other pigeons, so one lost bird is not a real loss. There is also the other factor of distance away from you. Some individuals may not feel it is worth the travel.
I have read of many peeps here that were gifted the found bird, Somehow I feel that it will be same with you. Obviously if that individual stops communicating with you, that means he abandoned pigeon. Not the nicest response, but that is reality of the human race.
Prepare to keep him, or forward to someone else nearby that may like to have him.
Aww that’s just sad to me! I couldn’t imagine disowning something just because they didn’t do their job right...

The owner never got in touch with us so we found another pigeon racer near us and we delivered the bird to him today. He has a way better set up than us and 17 other birds to keep it company. So it ended happily! Hopefully it doesn’t come back though, even though it was a very cool experience I wouldn’t want to have to go through it again.🙃

Back
Top Bottom