First time playing on the grass

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
I took my 1.5week olds outside for some playtime on the grass. They are in an inside brooder right now, but will be moving outside as soon as I get the outside brooders set up (this coming week I hope). There are 9 red broilers, 3 delawares, 2 RIRs, and 1 EE.

They were scared to come out of the box at first:
DSCF0005b.jpg

I took them out of the box and put them on the grass. They stayed bunched up cheeping at each other trying to decide if it was dangerous:
DSCF0006c.jpg

Then one decided to try and taste the grass... yum! Word spread through the group that there was edible stuff covering the ground:
DSCF0007d.jpg

Soon they were pairing up and heading off to explore:
DSCF0008c.jpg

The EE was the first to try and dustbathe while the others were jockeying for position around it:
DSCF0024a.jpg

They eventually wore each other out and lay down in any niches they could find to relax and nap:
DSCF0023a.jpg

DSCF0029a.jpg

A great time was had by all!

That was my first thought too- Wow, nice green grass!! My second thought was I cant wait for spring so I can have green grass too. My third thought was awwwwww, how cute!!

Very cute pics! I wish I could have free-ranged my babies so young! Here in southern WA, we have plenty of green grass year-round, but it's just too darn cold and wet to let them out in it yet
sad.png
Hopefully we will be able to soon! Thanks for the great pics and we are all jealous!

Back
Top Bottom