1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First time posting

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sierragirl, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Sierragirl

Sierragirl New Egg

Aug 23, 2009
    Roseville, CA
    Hi everyone! I have been reading and learning alot from the BYC website for about 6 months. Thanks to everyone for posting. I finally signed up but it has taken me a while to write because I'm not real familiar with this computer stuff. I don't have any chickens yet either because I have been trying to do this the right way by getting the coop and run finished first. I thought I wanted 3 chickens but after reading all the postings I want more. My friends built me a coop inside my dog run and it is big enough for 5 chickens. I live on a medium size lot in the city so I can't have alot of chickens. I'm now trying to find me some chickens at a reasonable cost. I live near the Sacramento area so if anybody out there has any young pullets they want to sell or give away, please let me know. I consider myself new to raising chickens since I haven't been around chickens since I was little. I'm sure I will be able to find help here if I need it. You members are so supportive of each other. I'm already addicted to BYC. I've even figured out a few of the acroynims. I also love to garden so I need the chicken poop and I hope to sell a few eggs to help with the cost of feed. I have a golden retriever and a cat. That's all for now. Thanks again! [​IMG]

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Good early morning from West GA....We're full time farmers and it's time to rise!

Welcome aboard and if I can ever help you let me know. BYC is such fun and a resource! Enjoy!!!!

3. magoobi

magoobi Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2009
    Welcome Sister from AZ. [​IMG]

4. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] good job with the coop first, I wasn't that patient. Just keep a good eye on craigslist and the the BST section and soon enough you'll get your girls!

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Welcome SierraGirl, I'm in the Sierra's above you. I will be hatching some chicks the end of October if you want to go that route let me know.

[​IMG] Glad you finally came out of lurker status [​IMG]

Nancy [​IMG]

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana!