First time setting shipped eggs

ModernGameGrl

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 15, 2011
Chippewa County
So this year I decided to set eggs early. Because of that I couldn't find any local ones so I had to go ahead and have some shipped. This is my first time with shipped eggs so we'll see how things go. I've had my little giant still air going for about two weeks already temp holding steady at 101 degrees humidity is between 45-50%. Eggs arrived yesterday 14 Americauna eggs one had a hairline crack but otherwise all good and 12 silver laced wyandotte eggs one had a pretty good crack in it and several had displaced air cells. I use an automatic turner and I think I'm going to wait till tomorrow to turn it on to give those displaced air cells some extra time to adjust. Set them just now so let the waiting begin.

Thanks for the link very helpful. I've had a few issues with my temp changing even though I haven't opened the incubator and they are in a room that doesn't have majortemp fluctuations. So we are on day 6 and I did my first candeling check to see if how things looked. Some of the EE eggs where too dark to see in and others have really good veins so that had me excited. The wayndotte eggs on the other hand where not so good two had darker spots but I couldn't see any veins and the rest looked really clear same as when I checked the aircells and looked for cracks. So I decided to open two eggs and see what the deal was. To my dismay both eggs had good looking embryos in them. Has anyone else had this issue when candling? I certainly haven't before. I have mixed feelings because I could have had two healthy chicks in a few weeks but at the same time I know that if they where developing on schedual then the others possibly are too.

Back
Top Bottom