first timer - green egg- day 21

justtima

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 20, 2012
New York
So I got a green egg from a farm in Long Island. I made an incubator with a styrofoam cooler. I placed a bulb and thermometer inside and water. The temp has been from 98 to 101. I turned it 3 to 4 times a day till day 18. Today is day 21 and nothing so far. I candled it on day 16 and it had a large air sac and the egg was dark. My nerves are shot. Help.
fl.gif

So I got a green egg from a farm in Long Island. I made an incubator with a styrofoam cooler. I placed a bulb and thermometer inside and water. The temp has been from 98 to 101. I turned it 3 to 4 times a day till day 18. Today is day 21 and nothing so far. I candled it on day 16 and it had a large air sac and the egg was dark. My nerves are shot. Help.
fl.gif
OMG-- know what you mean.... I think that you have to hang-in-there..... do you hear any peeping? Good luck with your baby.... You may need to visit your feed store to get some company for just 1-chick though.

Welcome to the BYC forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Does your incubator have vent holes? Also if you had some drops in your temperture, that could explain it still not hatching. I have faith, come on chickie break out.

OMG-- know what you mean.... I think that you have to hang-in-there..... do you hear any peeping? Good luck with your baby.... You may need to visit your feed store to get some company for just 1-chick though.

Welcome to the BYC forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't hear any peeping. I'm losing my mind. And my temp keeps changing. I've been checking every 30 mins like a mad woman!
wee.gif
Thanks for the welcome!

I read that some people do a float test at day 23ish. Should I do that? I also read some people candle their chickie. If chickie doesn't come
sad.png
out I think I'm going to drive back out to the farm and get 3 green eggs and actually buy an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom