First timer!

I’m attaching a pic of the inside of the shell. Guessing this isn’t normal? Wondering if I should try to open the other eggs in case anyone is still viable? 10 more eggs, none have pipped.

Attachments

• 65D03008-3F17-4733-A0D1-8935221EEF94.jpeg
    65D03008-3F17-4733-A0D1-8935221EEF94.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 6
Half out. No blood on the membranes at all, they were pretty darn dry. Leaving him for a snooze now in hopes he can wiggle the rest of the way out on his own. The white outer membrane was really thick. Wondering what this means for the rest of the eggs ?

I would try to listen for peeps in the other eggs. And peep AT the eggs and see if they respond to you. If not maybe candle them and check for movement, do it quickly thought, like 10 seconds max. Maybe even do one tiny little pip and see if they will follow up with that! Prayers to you and your chicks!

I woke up to two more hatched chicks and another pip! Looks like a set of late bloomers! So tickled this morning!

Attachments

• 170C1C90-581F-4A0D-BC0E-05A0529244AF.jpeg
    170C1C90-581F-4A0D-BC0E-05A0529244AF.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 5
I woke up to two more hatched chicks and another pip! Looks like a set of late bloomers! So tickled this morning!
Something to consider here is that generally, you dont count the first day that you put the eggs into the incubator. Day 1 starts 24 hours after you put your eggs in. Does that make more sense for your day count? If so, then everyone is hatching on time. That first egg is a beauty, a Marans egg?

Something to consider here is that generally, you dont count the first day that you put the eggs into the incubator. Day 1 starts 24 hours after you put your eggs in. Does that make more sense for your day count? If so, then everyone is hatching on time. That first egg is a beauty, a Marans egg?
Thanks, great info! I put them in at 8 AM that day after they sat overnight at the post office, so I figured that was day 1. Maybe the first little gal was early then, popping about 30 hours before the next egg did. She/he’s an Americauna. Just hatched a speckled Sussex, a barred rock, and one we can’t see the stamp on!

Thanks, great info! I put them in at 8 AM that day after they sat overnight at the post office, so I figured that was day 1. Maybe the first little gal was early then, popping about 30 hours before the next egg did. She/he’s an Americauna. Just hatched a speckled Sussex, a barred rock, and one we can’t see the stamp on!
Day 1 would have been 24 hours after you put them in the incubator. I think your little ones are right on time. If your temp was a little high, the hatch will be a little early, if your temp is lower the hatch will be later.

Half out. No blood on the membranes at all, they were pretty darn dry. Leaving him for a snooze now in hopes he can wiggle the rest of the way out on his own. The white outer membrane was really thick. Wondering what this means for the rest of the eggs ?

SO glad intervention worked out right for you and you have 2+ more on the way! Woohoo!!!

Back
Top Bottom