first timer :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sagefox, Mar 15, 2008.

1. sagefox

sagefox Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2008
    Western PA
    I've always had a fear of chickens..never had any interest in owning any...until I saw silkies for the first time at the pa farm show last year. Ended up with a little fluffy flock last spring and just fell in love. Now I'm a full blown chicken-holic LOL. I'm bought an incubator...filled it up..realized I needed another one for the numerous egg auctions I won..then realized I needed yet another to hatch in. LOL
    Now I'm waiting on the first 10 eggs to hatch on Monday!! 3 from my silkies and 7 welsummer & marans. Then I have Favorelles, Americaunas, Arauanas, Phoenix, Polish, Button Quail and of course...more silkies [​IMG]
    This is just all too exciting!! I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I see feathers!! [​IMG]

sage

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Thats eggciting! Welcome. I currently have 2 bators up and running with currently 23 chicken eggs incubating and 5 east indie X call duck eggs.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It's addicting!!!..........I'm setting over 30 tomorrow!!....Light Brahmas and Blue Orps....

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    congrats. your a soon to be enabler lol!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Glad to have you with us. It's really exciting, isn't it? Can't wait to see the pictures of your new feathered kids. [​IMG]

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Hi~I a a newb too, but you couldn't tell it by my obsessive # of posts! Good luck with the new hatch!

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Hi Sage!

Welcome to BYC and the madness, chicken madness, that is![​IMG]

Dawn

8. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Welcome sage. Welcome to the madness!!!