First Timer!

QuirkySue

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 19, 2012
BC, Canada
I have a lightly used, secondhand 1602n that I was given several months ago. Its a still air but has an egg turner. There is no thermometer or hygrometer (?) and no instructions. The previous owner jiffy markered some sections on the tray.

I found someone with 6 Ameracauna and 6 welsummer eggs that I will be picking up an hour away from me on Saturday.

I am so excited! ...and so nervous...and a little bit terrified! I need an "incubating for dummies" step by step manual! Anyone willing to walk a newbie through the process?

I'm going to pick up whatever I can find this week. There are a few feed stores I can try although all are pretty limited in what they carry.

I have a lightly used, secondhand 1602n that I was given several months ago. Its a still air but has an egg turner. There is no thermometer or hygrometer (?) and no instructions. The previous owner jiffy markered some sections on the tray.

I found someone with 6 Ameracauna and 6 welsummer eggs that I will be picking up an hour away from me on Saturday.

I am so excited! ...and so nervous...and a little bit terrified! I need an "incubating for dummies" step by step manual! Anyone willing to walk a newbie through the process?
Love you screen name!

Here are my notes Hatching Eggs 101 ~ Guide to ASSISTED Hatching ~ Mushy Chick Disease

Wow, that is a lot of information! Thank you very much for putting it together and pointing me in the right direction to find it.

Wow, that is a lot of information! Thank you very much for putting it together and pointing me in the right direction to find it.
highfive.gif

I picked up my eggs today! I was given 6 extras at place #1...so I have 9 Buff Orps and 9 Coronation Sussex and then I got some cheaper eggs from a Craigslist lady 6 Welsummer and 6 Ameraucauna (probably EEs but they are pretty blue eggs)

They are sitting at room temp for a while but I'll be popping them in the bator soon. I might stick the extras under my broody. SO exciting!

Day 15... Started with 30, with 6 under a broody and the rest in the bator. I am down to 21 now. One egg got kicked out of the nest 3 days ago and was quite cold and presumed dead, but I stuck it in the incubator just incase and it moved when I candled it tonight!!!! Another was knocked out a day later but it was clear. I candled the bator eggs tonight and removed the clears... Lost 8.

That means 6 of 9 4$ per egg Coronation Sussex eggs were duds. :(

Back
Top Bottom