first timer

chickyduck

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
Oregon
we are in Oregon and we just bought 14 chicks and two baby ducks. my 2 year old daughter is very excited and loves to hold the babies

Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, hope you enjoy it as much as we do. The Learning Center, is the best place to start your chicken education. Your daughter sounds like a natural chick whisperer.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Just make sure that your 2 year old handles them gently as they can be easily injured. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you. I have told her to use 2 hands and encourage her to sit very still. The two little ones that I think are wellsummer bantam are so loveable and not skidish. Now our ducks are very skidish.

I have also had difficulty uploading pictures. I'm on the mobile site on my phone. and we have had all of them for 3 weeks.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your new birds! I'm not surprised your daughter is in love with them. Children and chicks were just meant to be. I'm sure she along with you will enjoy watching the grow and start laying eggs. Good luck with them and feel free to ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom