First try with shipped eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Call_me _crazy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Call_me _crazy

Call_me _crazy In the Brooder

May 30, 2009
    Powhatan
    WEll I got both batches of shipped eggs I ordered this morning. After letting them settle all day, I got home around 9 pm and but them in the bator. I have 21 eggs all together. 7 silkie batams and 14 mixed batams (shipper was nice enough to send 2 extras). Wish me luck everyone!!!<fingers crossed>

2. steve2495

steve2495 Songster

May 17, 2009
    Lake Forest Illinois
    good luck i hope u have a good hatch [​IMG]

3. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    [​IMG] Best of luck - I am getting ready to incubate my first eggs and my first shipped eggs in just a few days too!

4. Call_me _crazy

May 30, 2009
    Powhatan
    Hey gocrow77!! I wish you all the luck inthe world. Put mine in last night and this morning so far it is holding 99-100 degree temps and 35-45% humidity. So far so good.[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Crowing

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Shipped eggs are always a gamble, my last batch was badly handled and didn't go (one broken, other's with obvious air cell damage). So here's hoping the PO was kind and all goes well. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Call_me _crazy

May 30, 2009
    Powhatan
    Well we are at the beginning of day 3 and luckily the bator is holding between 99 and 100 and humidity is 30%-35%. Humidity seems to go up as the day goes on, but not extremly high. still have my fingers crossed. As I said before "SO FAR SO GOOD!"[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  7. Gotsilk?

Gotsilk? In the Brooder

May 30, 2009
    Ladysmith,WI
    This is my first time too, I have 15 shipped silkies. I didn't order a turner with my incubator but after turning them a couple of times I have one on the way. I think I will feel better about them being turned constantly. Well good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: