First update in I can't remember how long! (with pics and a video)

Wait - - they're THAT big at 8 weeks? Mine are only two weeks old and they're less than half the size of your 8 week guineas! Gotta get started on the second coop! Forget painting the first one! There's no TIME. It's nice to see guineas so spoiled.
smile.png
Yes, spoiled they ARE!
love.gif

They were 8 1/2 weeks old in the video posted above. The second picture I posted (of them in their coop for the first time) was at 2 weeks and 2 days old, about the same age as yours are now. I had THOUGHT they might be able to stay in the brooder until they were 3 weeks or so. Wrong! LOL Here they are in the coop the first day when they got used to it, happily puttering around!

They grew SO fast when they moved into the bigger space, it was almost unbelievable. And such running and flapping around, which they didn't have the space to do in the brooder. All that exercise and eating like little 'piggies'..... good thing they were on the higher protein feed.

I bought a huge rabbit cage for an interim brooder, which I'm pleased with, but I can see that they're going to have to go out into a coop sooner rather than later. I told hubby we HAVE to get started on a separate guinea coop, but for now, I'll keep the chickens in the run and the youngster guineas in the coop with a heat lamp until I introduce and acclimate everyone to everyone else. Everything should be fine, but the poor chickens are being booted out of their "bedroom" for the time being.

I was going to build a fancy interim brooder, but I may just wait on that until next year! Never seen a critter grow so fast in my life! Just another of their charms (sorta).

Back
Top Bottom