First venture to the pond (pics)

Wegs813

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
SE Minnesota
Here are my babies...they will be 3 weeks old this week. I moved them outside this last weekend and they have been going great. On Friday I decided to take them out of their fenced area and go for a walk to the pond....I thought my husband was going to have a panic attack when I opened the fence to let them out...only thing out of his mouth was "You are going to walk them down there by yourself?"...well of course I am...they will all stick together, and follow me up and back...atleast I was hoping that's what would happen, the people on the BYC board said it would, and they have not led me wrong astray!
wink.png
Let me tell ya, it all worked out perfectly and we now take two walks a day down to the pond on our property.
Some pictures were taken with my step son's phone, so not the best picture quality...

56528_g1.jpg

56528_g2.jpg

Look at our dirty bellies mom.....
56528_g4.jpg

Obviously not at the pond, but still.....
56528_g3.jpg

Gawd I love that age of goslings
love.gif
love.gif
That first pic of the gosling face brings tears to my eyes it is so sweet.

Before I had poultry, I was sure the moment I opened their pen, they would scatter into the four winds. But they aren't stupid.

Now the new llamas I got on Saturday. Different story. Not stupid, just curious. And went to the four winds.

But not precious goslings. They stay close to Mom.

Have they gone in the pond yet? You may need to put your hip waders on. When my flock (almost as sizeable as yours back then) were fully grown, THEN they ventured into the pond(s) by themselves. But not until. They must have felt safer in numbers.

Quote:
They went in on the edge and played around the first couple days...then yesterday three of them were actually swimming around under water....it was really cute!

Quote:
That is a very good question...my husband ordered them, without a whole lot of input from me....I want to say Embden's, Gray Toulouse and Buff.

Back
Top Bottom