Fishermen

Depends what kind of fishing you're talkin about.....
Give me a 1/4oz yellow and red Panther Martin silver spoon, weed less frog, rubber worm or even a hook worm and bobber and I'll stock the freezer for winter!

Heck, yeah, there are fishermen (and women) out here! Kayak fishing is the best!

I'm used to White Bass fishing near Nacogdoches, TX on the Angelina River with an orange/chartreuse Road Runner in late February. I'm wondering if I should make the trip back there, now that I'm in Arkansas. I do still have quite of few of them from last year in the freezer.

I'm really gonna miss the "short drive" (aka 6 hours) to Corpus Christi, TX where I caught my first (and only) two redfish! They fought for probably 30 min and taste so good cooked on the half shell!

Two hours north of me (Central AR) is the Little Red River. It's well known among fly fishermen for rainbow trout. I think I might have "disturbed" the anglers the one time I ventured up there. I guess they don't like kayaks much, but it was the slowest part of the year for rainbow trout, and I wanted to try it at least once. I'm up for suggestions for what rainbow trout like best that I can throw with a spinning reel. Or any advise on fishing in Arkansas, not just rainbow trout.

Back
Top Bottom