Fishing!

Pet Duck Boy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 12, 2009
Orlando, FL
I know I made a fishing thread once, but I can't find it! Anyways, I know there's some fisherman here on BYC. I mostly bass fish here in Central FL, but nothing beats heading down to the Florida coast for some surf and brackish river fishing. (Mosquito lagoon specifically) Biggest largemouth to date is about 10 pounds, and this year has started off good. I still need a new fishing spot, since without a boat I'm stuck with small bodies of water, all these pubic lakes and ponds I fish have so much pressure from anglers that anything over 3 pounds rarely bites. Bass are in post spawn and pre spawn this time of year, it's pretty mixed up in Florida. Since they are finicky this time of year, most luck has come off a 1/4 black/blue bleeding jig from strike king, and a yum chunk in matching colors for a trailer. Gotta work it sslllowww...which is painful, I'm use to fishing aggressive jerkbaits and spinners.
tongue.png
Like every year, the family and I will be heading down to New Smyrna beach for a one week fishing/relaxation trip. We only go once a year, so I spend 80% of my time fishing on the boat docks and down at the surf, whether the fish bite or not. Last year I nailed an 80 pound shark off the beach, on a teeny tiny sand flea! I knew they were out there but this teenage kid pulling in a nearly 5 foot shark drew some attention. Took me a good 40 minutes to reel it in, since I was fishing with pompano gear. Looking to do a little more surf fishing this year, but of course the trout fishing down at the docks is always great. The mangrove snapper really hit it off last year too, and they tasted great!

so you live in the happiest place on earth! Im an avid hunter but i fish too. I love going off shore. Im heading out on memorial day for some Mahi out of hatteras, NC. I dont do much freshwater.. Mostly surf fishing for stripers

I love to fish i go fishing twice a month (even though i get skunked 2/3 times) I go for salmon and steelhead, while there in season, trout, while there in season, and bass rthe rest of the time. salmon and steelhead are hard to catch and land, there is also a long drive from my home town (Mcminnville Or.) to the nestuccah river. trout are good and there is lots of stolked ponds in oregon. and finnally bass are my favorite when we are camping durring the summer.
cool.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Fish become conditioned to recognizing lures as dangerous. Shake up the mix and try some good Bass flies. Wooley buggers, and muddler type flies are a good place to start.

Ever try for bone fish?

Quote:
i've never fished for trout mostly pike, musky, panfish,and sturgeon. maybe $24 is not to badto fish after all this is the land of sky blue water and monster fish

Wish we Floridians had some of the monster fish you northerns have, like pike, walleye, and musky. I've never caught one and those fishings shows where they catch 50"+ muskies really make me jealous! Occasionally I head out with my dads friend's boat, which I very much enjoy since I fish mainly from the bank. Catch mainly largemouth (My largest to date is 11.4 pounds, caught off a mattlures ultimate bluegill. That bait cost me 20$ but it paid off!) sunfish, some crappie, occasional hybrid bass, and catfish. Of course the bass down here get larger, usually nail several 5 pound plus fish during the good weeks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom