1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Five rooster and only one crows????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by denco5, Dec 27, 2010.

1. denco5

denco5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Ocoee Florida
    I have five roosters, they are all 16 weeks old. Only one of them crows, is this because he is the dominant one or will they all start crowing eventually?

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I think they all should crow, though one will crow more than the others, and might even fight... have 2 and they both crow, but only one gets to take care of the "ladies' duties" [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  3. Liamm_1

Liamm_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 3 roos/3 hens. The #1 Roo has crowed the longest, they are all 19 weeks old. The #2 roo crows a little less often, the #3 roo even less. But some days, like today, they all are crowing, my son calls it a crowing party lol

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When I had two brahma roosters, only the alpha crowed. The other, my now alpha, didn't start crowing until I re-homed his brother. Now I have two roos of different ages, seperate coops, seperate areas. They have crowing contests.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by