Five toed pullet? Brown shaver x.

Brown shaver X. Sibling has hair in legs. One has quoff.

• Faverolles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saltan

• Dorking

• Houden

• Total voters

Shellz419

Chirping
Feb 12, 2018
DSC_0963.JPG
IMG_20180217_134128.jpg
IMG_20180217_134101.jpg

I think brown Shaver crossed with Sultan. but not to sure.
I have a Cockeral that looks similar but with only four toes, and another I think is a Pullet who is mostly black and has hair down her legs.
DSC_0965.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0965.JPG
    DSC_0965.JPG
    403.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm going to say second gen. silkie crosses.

Silkies have black skin and fluffy legs. Some of them have beards, and they're supposed to have a Walnut comb (though a lot of hatchery silkies don't.) Beard genetics could explain the lack of wattles, even if she doesn't have a beard. It looks like bird #2 has a bit of a crest, also typical of silkies. Where'd you get them from?

Hmm. interesting. I didn't really think silkies were likely but I don't know much about the breeds. I'll see if my friend has a picture of the roster.

A brown shaver is what we commonly have in New Zealand as a battery hen. Some people call them red shavers but I think they are the same thing. Many people have these ex battery hens as backyard layers and often they will get inter breed either with the owners Roster or a neighbors.
The colouring is basically what the pullet is but without any black.

The other chick I think is a pullet I will add a couple of pics. She doesn't have five toes but does have some feathers on her legs. Sorry it's not the best picture but she is the most skittish of the three.
IMG_20180217_134426.jpg
IMG_20180217_134453.jpg

Back
Top Bottom