Fixing Wry Neck?

Hey there Kevin565, has your gosling improved at all? I had read so much about wry neck in Silkies, but I don't know how common it is with geese. I wonder if it has a similar cause as with silkies.

wry neck is very common is silkie chickens- I can't recall the full regimen given - I know it included the poly vi sol infant vitamins NO IRON formula, drops from a Vit.E capsule etc. If you search wry neck I'm sertain you'll find a ton of info and treatments. Some cases have responded to prednisone injections.
Thanks for the info DD. Yes most of the info I found on it came from silkie related threads. I've tried to use all of their regimen though for this gosling.
Hey there Kevin565, has your gosling improved at all? I had read so much about wry neck in Silkies, but I don't know how common it is with geese. I wonder if it has a similar cause as with silkies.
Some improvement but I ran into another problem. I found several white leech like creatures on this poor bird. They defiantly were NOT there yesterday. They have all been removed and the gosling is currently inside with me while she recovers. I'll be adding some Niacin to the regimen tomorrow to cover any other possible deficiency I could think of.

Thanks for the info DD. Yes most of the info I found on it came from silkie related threads. I've tried to use all of their regimen though for this gosling.
Some improvement but I ran into another problem. I found several white leech like creatures on this poor bird. They defiantly were NOT there yesterday. They have all been removed and the gosling is currently inside with me while she recovers. I'll be adding some Niacin to the regimen tomorrow to cover any other possible deficiency I could think of.
Hi Kevin, I hope you can get her through this.
fl.gif

Hi Kevin, I hope you can get her through this.
fl.gif
Thanks Miss Lydia
hugs.gif
. She's more alert now and seems to be adjusting well to being inside right now.
leech like creatures.....
Were these flat and about 1/2 inch long? May not be leeches but flukes....a worm that is in the intestines and expelled thru the poo.
Your baby may need to be wormed.
They didn't appear to flat to me but they were a little smaller than 1/2 inch. I guess it wouldn't hurt to worm her as well

Thanks Miss Lydia
hugs.gif
. She's more alert now and seems to be adjusting well to being inside right now.
They didn't appear to flat to me but they were a little smaller than 1/2 inch. I guess it wouldn't hurt to worm her as well
Could they be maggots Kevin? could she have an injury that isn't visable?

I was actually just thinking about that. Whatever they were they aren't on her anymore. She actually perked up quite a bit and can now sit up straight.

Thanks Miss Lydia! This morning for the first time in weeks she walked
celebrate.gif
. It was only for a few moment but it's defiantly a start.

Back
Top Bottom