Flagyl - where to buy?

chrys64moore

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 12, 2012
Where can I find flagyl? Or anything similar (-zole medications)? Is this something that requires a vet prescription? Any help appreciated!

Thanks so much to you both! I'm looking at my chicken medicine chart and I see metronidazole, but not dosage or methods? I'm currently treating with Tylan200, but I think it's actually canker and not an URI---how long do I wait after I stop the Tylan before giving the metronidazole?
I think you can give both at the same time. I know you can give Baytril and Metronidazole together, so I don't think that it would be any different with Tylan. Just remember that antibiotics kill good bacteria, too, so one does open the door for other bacterial and fungal infections when using antibiotics.

Can you post some pictures of your bird?

Thanks so much to you both! I'm looking at my chicken medicine chart and I see metronidazole, but not dosage or methods? I'm currently treating with Tylan200, but I think it's actually canker and not an URI---how long do I wait after I stop the Tylan before giving the metronidazole?

About dosing... Some pigeon people give a whole 250mg tablet, some give the 100mg tablet. My vets told me to give 30mg/kg for 5 days when treating blackhead (histomoniasis), another vet said that I could give up to 60mg/kg, so do your research and weigh your bird!

Back
Top Bottom