Flathead catfish

hellafarms

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
North Central, Arkansas
Just thought I would share my catch I dont really like to brag but this was such a cool fishing trip this was our third big catch of the week and by far the biggest he weighed 45.5lbs the others weighed 22.5lbs and 18 lbs sorry the pic is so bad all we had was a disposable cam.
30660_hpim0031.jpg

oh wow. What kind of rig do you use to catch the big cats like that? When I was a kid I used to use milk jugs and braided 50# line before the DNR pointed out to me (i was 8 i think) that that was illegal.... Sigh..... I just loved fried cats...
love.gif

I caught this one on lines at lake northfork we fished for 2 days would get up before dark check the lines we set the night before fish for bait most all day long then bait again that evening and did not catch one thing.On day 3 we caught the first one 18lbs and a few smaller ones( just barley keepers)then on day 4 (the last day) the first line we checked we had a 22.5lb and we didnt think it could get any better.So on the last line we though we had a huge turtle on but when we seen it come to the top we knew had a cat so at that point I was shaking so hard i could not hold the net still but after what seemed like 2 hrs later(was probably only five min really) we wresled it into the boat it was 46.5LBS the most awesome fishing trip I was ever envolved in.We later had a fish fry fed about 25 people and had flathead catfish to eat for a long time.We caught these using perch we caught and all three big ones we caught in fairly shallow water about 3rd or forth hook out on the line.

Holy smokes! You got a frying pan big enough for that thing?

Congrats, it's quite impressive!

Back
Top Bottom