Flea Market & Chicken Swap May 29, 2010 9am-2pm

Casting Call!
smile.png
I am looking to borrow/buy around 25 hens for a upcoming movie production. Would like bantams only. Would like chickens (hens) that are alike- no polish, crevacours or any type of cresty type. They are portraying "factory" chickens excaped from a stockyard. No hens will be hurt in any way! Ideally would like to borrow them but may consider a purchase if price is right. Would like to find them from as small a number of sources as can be with one person supplying them to be ideal but will consider a small group of people contributing
smile.png
MA/NH/RI/CT only please as I need to pick them up or meet at a swap
smile.png

Tammie

I will e bringing netherland dwarfs, and chicks, not sure just what yet but there will be 6 week old barred rocks, a leghorn, maybe few other chicks, not too sure whats fixiin to hatch just yet
this hatch has been weird, everything marked for the same day put in but they are tending to hatch a day to 2 days apart
hu.gif

I will be bringing:

Hatchery sexed pullets(4 weeks)

Welsummers (dark egg layers)
Cuckoo Marans (dark egg layers)
EE's (green/blue egg layers)
Standard Silver Laced Cochins
Stanadard Partridge Cochins
Buff Brahmas

Bunnies(8 weeks)

Mini Rex/Mix

Laying Hens (10 months)

Standard Black Cochin
Standard Light Brahma/SLW mix

ETA: If anyone is interested in a Lionhead Doe VM w/pedigree (10months) I will bring her if not I will bring her to Milford

Brooder/Carry Bins

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to get an e-mail about these things a month in advance so I could plan to go. It's not exactly like this is not a holiday weekend and plans have already been made for the family.

Quote:
The swaps and even this market have been advertised on the boards for over a month now with lots of conversations. That is what this thread is about...swaps, chickenstocks and such. They are posted at least a month in advance.

Quote:
how old are the netherland dwarfs?do you know ho much you are gonna charge?

There will be
a blue eyed white doe, she is about 2 years old

Chestnut agouti doe, about 8 months old

Ruby eyed white doe, about a year old.

I sell them at this age for pets at $15.00 each. how ever all are show quality.
there is no pedigree for them.
These girls still have a lot of years of breeding left in them I only breed 2 tmes a year. spring and fall.
I am keeping off spring from these girls and wont need them for breeding any longer.

Back
Top Bottom