Flea Market & Chicken Swap May 29, 2010 9am-2pm

OK, call me ....call me whatever you would call someone that is thinking about getting some guinea hens. After seeing that royal purple one in Chichester, I WAANT ONE!!! I actually want a pair or trio becuase these free loaders...I mean free ranger chickens are to busy watching air planes thatn eating bugs and ticks. Is there a chance anyone might have guineas at this fair tomorrow. If so, I think I may take the ride and yard sale along the way!

I will be bringing
cherry potted tomatoo plants
flower potted plants
strawberry plants
hosta plants

white splash polish chick - pullet
black cochin chick - pullet
a couple of white crested runner ducklings
Bantam EE chicks
2 gold sexlink pullets
salmon favorell chick

maybe some button qiuals

Last edited:
Quote:
yes!!!!you are going to have a black cochn ive been wanting one!!!

yep she is 2 weeks old, well a little less, but yes, i will hold her for you, let me know who you are and she will be there.

Quote:
Roayl Purples are one of the prettier guineas available, they are such a rich purple just stunning.
The problem may not be yoru free loaders, erm free rangers, its likely the ticks themselves.
I have lawn mower geese, bug eating ducks, chickens and guineas and whooo boy they just cant seem to catch up to the tick population this year.

the other day when the wind was blowing, I had 2 blown onto my shirt. watched them land with the wind, it was spooky to say the least.
I had forgotten ticks can travel via wind power as well as when you brush against them.
I have heard via the CDC, Dr and a lot of Health Inspectors that this years tick population is explosive. one of the worse on record thus far.

Im thinking from what we have taken off ourr own persons that a platoon of guines will come up short on controling these little buggers.

Quote:
yes!!!!you are going to have a black cochn ive been wanting one!!!

yep she is 2 weeks old, well a little less, but yes, i will hold her for you, let me know who you are and she will be there.

my name is ben . age reference removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, glad we decided to take the drive out today. It was only about 15 minutes from my house so we hit yard sales on the way. I was hoping to get me some of them royal purple guineas, but if anyone knows where I may find some, please let me know. Gypsy mentioned someone but I forgot his name allready! I got some good buys at the flea market tables and even the one in the back lot. Resisted the urge for goats, but did manage to get Jackie into trouble with 3 new ones! LOL...almost got another bunny, but I am waiting for Sue to have the right one for me, I missed out on one I really liked at Shays last weekend! So I will wait. Turns out my little bunny that I did end up getting at Shays last week will have a new home! When we got home we went to the dump with a trash run and there in the take it/leave it section was an awesome hutch! Shingled roof, up on 4 legs, heavy duty hardware cloth for the sides and flooring and even a nesting box inside! I felt like I hit the lottery! Of course the littel man had to grumble all the way home about having to load it in the truck, but who cares! Anyway, what a nice turn out you had for your swap, lots of variety and I liked the idea of the flea market items for sale too.

Back
Top Bottom