^%$%^& FLEAS!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jun 29, 2008.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I can't stand it. We are infested with fleas and ticks!!!! I have been Frontlining the dogs every three weeks instead of every four AND I've dusted the yard with the "Death to Flease and Ticks" granules and we are still infested. It's making me crazy. A day after dosing up the dogs I can pull half a dozen off of them. The poor pups are scratching and are generally miserable. I even pulled a giant tick off my stomach after cutting the grass yesterday. Ugggg!!!!!

Short of dropping a nuclear bomb on the back yard, how do I get rid of the fleas? I'm hesitant to dust again out there now that the chickens are free ranging some in the afternoons.

I hate the *&^$^%&^* FLEAS!!!!!

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I am battling fleas too, in my chicken run, which used to have a wolf living in it. Well, the past six months of his life he got sensitive to Frontline so I quit using it. I guess he got a load of fleas going in there, because two weeks after he died, all of a sudden a BILLION fleas erupted, just this past week, IN my chicken run, which is fortunately only 8x20 feet. I just dont want to have to cage my birds for however long it takes to spray, wait out the cycle, spray again, and probably again, dust the birds with flea powder, then remove the top layer of sprayed dirt, bring in more clean dirt and smooth it out, and return the chickens is what I think I need to do. Yikes!

3. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by