FLeas

chicks rule

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
SW MO
I have a new puppy who even though I bath regularly still picks up fleas, I am assuming he picks them up when I take him out to do his business
Is there anything I can use outside for the fleas that wont harm the chickens. Thanks for any help.

If you're asking about the puppy I would use Advantage. It costs a little $$$ but it's worth it. And it just stays with the pup, no danger to your birds.

Dust your dog all over with Diatomacious earth. Dust your chickens with it too. Sprinkle it all over your yard and in your flowerbeds. You can use it indoors too if you have a bad problem; leave it down for a few days and then vacuum it up. Must be food grade DE.

Thanks, but I have been unable to find that in my area, SW MO, Is Advantage the best, and he is only about 3#'s right now

Thanks, I had tried the Hartz brand, but it doesn't seem to work. I need to do a search for the DE, where do you all get yours. I don't think anyone in my area has ever heard of it???

Thanks for the link, Arklady, where are you located in AR? I have talked to you in chat before but don't remember where you are located.

Back
Top Bottom