Flemish Giant or AMerican chinchilla

Duckchick2011

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Louisiana
So I have been meaning to post this for awhile now.

I have a large blueish gray black point rabbit(not a huge rabbit but a mature doe to be sure) I have no Idea of her
breed but I bought her from a guy who was trying to get rid of a few of his rabbits. She is quite beautiful, with large liquid eyes, upright ears and the softest rabbit fur I have ever had the pleasure of coming in contact with.(It also holds water like crazy, I bathed her hours ago and it is still wet, despite blow drying and vigorous towel rubbing)

I think she's possibly a flemish giant or some other standard meat rabbit breed but also thought she bore a striking resemblence to an American chinchilla

87211_bunny_pics_032.jpg

87211_bunny_pics_026.jpg

Any imput would be appreciated.

Sorry about the bad image quality...might get a better one tomorrow.
tongue.png

Her under coat is banded,the skin and very base are white, then its dark grey at the base, then lighter gray, with black agouti ticking at the very top. When looked at from an angle she appears to have black tipped gaurd hairs or something like that. I will try to get some good pics tomorrow...

87211_dscn6026.jpg

Last edited:
She weighs about 7 lbs give or take a few ounces...

Funny, I thought she would weigh more than that...maybe she's just a standard chin. or something else entirely...

...she was a little underweight to begin with but is in full body condition now sooooo
hu.gif

Last edited:
Ahh... 7 lbs is way small for a flemish,...
She must be a chin!

Last edited:
It would be nice to finally know what breed of rabbit she is, she certainly looks like a chinchilla and her temperament and size fit the breed description perfectly. I always just thought she was a mutt rabbit of some sort that turned out exceptionally beautiful (the pics don't give her justice)...

87211_dscn6047.jpg

87211_dscn6053.jpg

87211_dscn6055.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think she would be a candadate for breeding...I mean, I have been wanting to breed her for years, she's soooo sooo beautiful and her fur is very very fine (I have owned a handfull of rabbits in that past and have never had anything like her), She's one of the boldest and calmest rabbit I have ever been around even though she hasn't been held much in her life.

I almost did breed her on one ocasion, but I felt like I was being irrisponsible, breeding her without even knowing what she was or what I would be working towards....

I'm having trouble judging if she has good conformation at all...anybody out there have a single clue?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom