Flew Away

This mourning he was on top of the barn roof about 40FT up so I guess nothing was going to get him up there. I let out the girls out of there pen which is about 200yards away and he finally seen them when they came out into they field with was about 400 yards away. He just took flight and landed right with with them. Turkeys can fly great.

I love the way the Royal Palm look and thet are the same size as wild turkeys.

I like thier looks, and the fact they are not a HUGE bird. Its only DH and I here....and we would like to have a few for the freezer next year. ( Thats IF i can do it) Had no problem with the cornishx....well, all but 3 of them. I just have ti remind myself...these will be food! LOL

I have been wanting to get a Royal Palm tom to go with my other turkeys. That black and white would look good in my flock. I have Royal Palm hens around here somewheres. My Royal Palm hens like to sit on the barn roof for some reason with my bronze tom and they glide off a good distance it's a preety cool site to see.

I'm thinking of getting a turkey or two. Are they solitary birds, or social like chickens? (Can I get just one or will he be lonely?) How old do they have to be before they're... well, edible? Can I get a baby in the Spring and have him for Thanksgiving? (Sounds so morbid -- but that would be the reason for getting one.)

justusnak -- do your birds stay in the covered pen all the time? Do they ever need to get out and stretch their wings?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom