Flies And the proper way to deal with them in masses

Oh wow. Okay, today there were tons of dead bugs all over the place. Dead earwigs, spiders, flies and aphids. None of my flock got sick or even close to sick. I'll be using this spray for now on. Thank you Gentleman Farmer. You really helped me with this.

Well i am glad you got your spray finally. What you don't realize is that in 1 square inch of that spray is contained 10,000 micro beads of product and that product will last almost three months. It's not neccesary to go crazy but i realize it is hard not to. I do it to. The product will take about 2 days to really get your population down to the really low range but the improvement should be very noticable with in 24 hours. let me know how you feel again after that and if it doesn't help i have a few other suggestions.

Thanks Gentleman Farmer, I'm going to try this too. I'm new to chicken ownership and the flies are out of control. My chickens free range during the day and poop all over that place, which is great for the natural fertilization of the yard but not so great for the yard if anyone wants to be in it! I've tried DE in the coop and it's cut down on the flies significantly but I'd rather not dust my entire yard and garden, mostly because it looks like its snowed and it isn't helping much. I'll try your suggestion, flies gross me out! Thank you, I'll let you know how it goes.

The bottle says not to spray any plants you eat. I went around my garden and only sprayed the plants that won't be baring anything for 3 months. I live in the high desert and I growing season is short. We just got snow yesterday.

As far as the plants go the active ingredient in the product is lambda and it's a synthetic organic which is a man made replica of the chrysanthemum plant extract. It's man made to be able to make it stronger but it has the same effect. They say not to use it on small plants in your garden because it may cause allergy's. And keep in mind it is micro capsuled to release over a 3 month time frame so even after you pick your fruit you may still have product on your plant. If your not allergic to chrysanthemum's it's generally not an issue. (unless your a fish or a turtle do not used around fish or turtles) Also keep i ,mind they use similar products on organic fruit farms so if you wash your veggies and fruits really well it really shouldn't be an issue. I do it but i don't want to go contradicting the EPA so it's really up to you.

Thank you for this. Southern California is horrible when it comes to flies, spiders, you name it. Especially when the neighbors on both sides of me don't pick up the dog poop in their yard! We've tried those bait traps for flies but all it did was keep us inside because the smell was just awful! I'm definitely going to try this because each year the flies seem to get out of hand!

I'm so excited to find this information. I have dogs as well as chickens, and like to leave the back slider open for the dogs to go in and out and of course that means the flies also come in--but rarely out! I didn't see any mention as to precautions to take around dogs? Can it be a problem for them? Sorry if this was already answered, but I couldn't find that information. Thanks!

The only pets you need to worry about are fish. It's toxic for them but other than that no other pets nor fowl will be harmed by this spray. I like to keep my screen door open as well because of my dog, so far I've only had 1 fly come into the house. I'll see a fly for a few hours and then nothing. I live in Nevada and we get tons of bugs here too. Black widows, scorpions, 3 different types of ants, Sierra brown recluse spiders, hobo spiders among others. So far nothing.

Back
Top Bottom