Flies.......Flies......& More Flies.....How To Rid????

sorry but be careful which one you get
you want the FOOD GRADE DE
that's not the one used for your pool that one is TOXIC for birds.
Food grades the one that's safe to ingest and will be safe if your birds ingest it.

I didn't realize they were eating it.
duc.gif
I thought it was just to put on the poop.​

Quote:
I didn't realize they were eating it.
duc.gif
I thought it was just to put on the poop.

chickens eat everything....
roll.png
lol.png

and DE sort of tends to float onto everything as well

and like someone else replied.. you have to just becareful of the composition. you can use the pool one if the composition is right.

Randall,

You can find DE at Fleet Farm or at the Farm and Fleet. It will be one but not the other. Cost's about $12 for 50 lbs. Your local feed mill should be able to get it as well. Just make sure to tell them feed grade. I put it in my food for my quail, rabbits, chickens and turkeys. It keeps mites and many other bugs away as well

I'm new at chicken wrangling.. Got 7 - 3 week old chicks and flies have arrived. What little research I've done seems to point to "inconclusive" or "requires further research" with regards to putting DE Food Grade in the chick food. Something about DE being only effective when it's dry?? (which one would assume couldn't work in a "wet" digestive tract. I started general sprinkling DE in the coop area a week ago.. I'll give it another week and re-evaluate if flies are still hanging around. Haven't spread in the pen area yet. I see also DE is used in horse food as an anti caking agent. I'm not set up for ducks so if the DE is ineffective, I'll try the vinegar spray.

I'm new at chicken wrangling.. Got 7 - 3 week old chicks and flies have arrived. What little research I've done seems to point to "inconclusive" or "requires further research" with regards to putting DE Food Grade in the chick food. Something about DE being only effective when it's dry?? (which one would assume couldn't work in a "wet" digestive tract. I started general sprinkling DE in the coop area a week ago.. I'll give it another week and re-evaluate if flies are still hanging around. Haven't spread in the pen area yet. I see also DE is used in horse food as an anti caking agent. I'm not set up for ducks so if the DE is ineffective, I'll try the vinegar spray.
DE Is not going to help you or your birds.
It will do more harm than good.

Buy this:
https://www.amazon.com/MARTINS-Horse-Stable-Spray-Multi/dp/B07JXS14T2

Back
Top Bottom