Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

Pics
Very Good info. please someone tell me ,Im new to incubation of eggs and I have 5 Impeyan eggs due to hatch to day last night 2 of them had small holes pecked through this morning no more progress had been made the chicks are alive as I see them moving should I leave them alone or help them out ?

Very Good info. please someone tell me ,Im new to incubation of eggs and I have 5 Impeyan eggs due to hatch to day last night 2 of them had small holes pecked through this morning no more progress had been made the chicks are alive as I see them moving should I leave them alone or help them out ?
From the time they make the hole, called a pip, they can take as long as 24 hours to make more progress. They rest and get used to the air

When the eggs go into lock down, the chicks then gets into the hatching position. It rests there for a day or so. Meanwhile as it is growing, it needs more oxygen. So sometime during lock down, it pokes thru into the air cell at the top of the egg. It then has more oxygen. But after about a day, that is not enough and the when the oxygen has been used up, and carbon dioxide has built up in the air cell, this triggers the "pip"...breaking a small hole thru the shell.

The chick will continue to rest like that as it absorbs the last of the yolk and builds up enough strength to zip out of the egg.

Thanks Two Crows, for replying back ; UPdate they are now out of the shells I got to looking closely at them and noticed the shell membrain was stuck to there heads holding it down against there bodies I removed this portion and out they came. Im a happy camper to see this ....

Back
Top Bottom