Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

Pics
Quote:
no all floater are old eggs , but depend on how old the higher they float the older, they will float at all levels.

read link Robo posted.........thats how you can tell the age..the first sign only the large end floats a little.

Last edited:
Quote:
BURT YOU'RE NOT TAKING 1 THING INTO ACCOUNT HERE. YOU'RE QUOTING ARTICALS PERTAINING TO INFERTILE EGGS AND COMPARING IT TO FERTILE INCUBATED EGGS--- LIKE APPLES TO ORANGES... THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THE WEIGHT OF THE EMBRYO DEVELOPING IN THE FERTILE ONES. AND THE CHANGES HAPPENING WITH STRUCTURES AND CHICK DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE EGG.

Last edited:
Great info, thanks!
And....your ability to type every single word beginning with a capital letter is mind boggling!

LOL... GOOD AINT I?
tongue.png

Quote:
BURT YOU'RE NOT TAKING 1 THING INTO ACCOUNT HERE. YOU'RE QUOTING ARTICALS PERTAINING TO INFERTILE EGGS AND COMPARING IT TO FERTILE INCUBATED EGGS--- LIKE APPLES TO ORANGES... THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THE WEIGHT OF THE EMBRYO DEVELOPING IN THE FERTILE ONES. AND THE CHANGES HAPPENING WITH STRUCTURES AND CHICK DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE EGG.

Yes I understand, but if a person set a non-fertile egg that is older it will still float.
All I am saying is just because it floats doesn't mean its viable. Movement yes. Those high floater sure are bad, no matter if fertile or not.

Not saying it hurts to use the test. Just those low floater may not be all viable, but hey you are saving them anyway.

Try setting a quail egg out once a week for 2 months(room temp.) , then floated test them, you will see what i am talking about. Great way to check if someone is selling old eggs too.

The test prove one thing , air cell are larger , on older and incubated eggs.

AGAIN SAYNG THE TEST WILL HELP IN EITHER EGGS, just doesn't prove low floater are viable.(hard to candle those coturnix eggs to see which are fertile anyway , so the floater could be either) PEACE MAN

I have 3 remaining eggs that are on day 24. float testing them, they floated with about 15% above water. basically it seemed like the air cell space was what was above water. Candling them they are dark and I see no movement. also, the eggs showed no movement in the water. Are they still good?

Back
Top Bottom