Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

Pics
Great bit of info! I will try my cots eggs when I get home from work as they are 2 days over due

thanks again

Quick update... Checked eggs.... One rockin' the world and 4 low floaters! And ones just pipped!

That's cool. What kind of eggs? My BLRW are 2 days late today...but I had 3 hatch yesterday. I hope something happens with the other 12 I hate to lose that many chicks.

Tibetan tuxedo and golden Italian quail. I have bob whites, Chinese painted and other cots due to hatch next week too!

I HAVE TWO BANTAM EGGS READY TO HATCH TOMORROW, I TRIED THE FLOAT TEST ON THEM AND EVERY THING LOOKED PERFECT, BUT THERE WAS NO MOVEMENT IN THE WATER, COMENTS PLEASE, REGARDS JACKO

Hi,
I placed my eggs in incubator May 14 and they have not hatched. I did the float test and I would say the pointy end of the eggs were out of the water by 5-10% (sure hope I didn't hurt them if they are a live.) There are no cracks in the eggs. So, this would be day 24 and no hatching has taken place. Should I still wait?
Thanks,
Darlene

i guess i did someting wrong,have cou.quail eggs 5 days lat and this test said they were all good.candled some turkey eggs that i knew was no good .and they floated with 15% above water.nothing works for me

Tried the float test today on eggs that were due 6/7,6/12 & 6/15. Found some duds all others were low floaters, but no dancers. I did have temp. issues at first and had only 1 hatch and 1 that could not break through (heard it chirpping but then died) from the 6/7 batch. Nobody else hatched yet. Do I still wait?​

Back
Top Bottom