Floating waterfowl feed...confused!!

Hi, I'm experiencing the same dilemma. I'm new to ducks but started them on mazuri starter feed and at 10 weeks switched them to Mazuri Maintenance. This food is very expensive and getting ridiculously hard to find. My farm store carries Southern States waterfowl maintenance, at 1/4 the cost of Mazuri. I purchased a bag today and can find no mention of Niacin, so I'm wondering. Do 4 month old ducks still need niacin in their food? I live on a salt water bay so I give them 25- 40 minnows every day. Would the minnows provide enough niacin? I'm very confused about when or if their need for niacin diminishes.

please pardon my ignorance but what is "water feed"?
It's just feeding the floating pellets on top of the water. For babies it's a very tiny floating pellet, that gets soft quickly. In the brooder it's a HUGE mess, so it's not for everyone. Here is a picture of my new two week olds chowing down this morning.

Attachments

• 20190601_082616.jpg
    20190601_082616.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 13
It's just feeding the floating pellets on top of the water. For babies it's a very tiny floating pellet, that gets soft quickly. In the brooder it's a HUGE mess, so it's not for everyone. Here is a picture of my new two week olds chowing down this morning.
Thank you! I have never heard of that! I lean something new every single day!

Back
Top Bottom