Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Thank you kindly~
Lovely thread idea btw :) I suppose i'll introduce myself a little bit.

My name is Jaime, I live on a 50 acre farm and have all sorts of animals. Pigs, Goats, Horses, Jersey cows, 6 dogs (5 jacks and a Bernese mountain dog) 7 barn cats, Chickens (Of course :rolleyes: ) Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Guinea hens, Ornamental pheasants, and will hopefully be adding 2 Emu chicks at the end of February~ 2018 was a bit unorganized so this year I have lots of plans i'd like to get done before 2020. My main goal right now is to build a tractor coop suitable for about 100 layers. I'd also like to build permanent breeding pens for my lavender orpingtons, ayam cemanis, cream legbars, and french black copper marans..
View attachment 1632841

View attachment 1632838 View attachment 1632822View attachment 1632858 View attachment 1632819 View attachment 1632828 View attachment 1632815 View attachment 1632816 View attachment 1632818 View attachment 1632826 View attachment 1632884 View attachment 1632820 View attachment 1632834 View attachment 1632831 View attachment 1632823 View attachment 1632852 View attachment 1632839 View attachment 1632851 View attachment 1632836 View attachment 1632846
Oh my! You are living my dream ... all those wonderful animals. Maybe you could adopt.me?

Gotta leave for work without our 2 icu babies unfortunately. But our renters offered to keep an eye on them for the night and I force fed them both applesauce till I could feel their crops had food, and both are defecating! so they should be ok and hopefully will pull through.
View attachment 1667511

Omg poor babies.
:fl Fingers crossed they pull through.

Hi guys :frow The flock free ranged again. I’m now faced with a choice. I can keep only 2 large fowl roosters (or cockerels). I love the 4 I have immensely. Unless I can set up a proper coop for the boys? Like a rooster flock? They were going to go to my uncle, but I’m too attached! Like WAY TOO attached! :th More details on this in a coming post (it’ll take me a second to write it out).

The Boys. Or the whole rooster / cockerel dilemma :rolleyes:
So. I have 4 large fowl cockerels (one may be a rooster, I’m not sure of his age :)). Pandora, an Easter Egger, Mercury, a Brahma mix, Pedro, a RIRXWL, and Napoleon, a RSLXRIR. Pedro and Napoleon made friends after I separated the pullets and they are in their own separate coop. Pandora and Mercury have 8 laying pullets, and 2 non-laying pullets. 10 girls, not enough! Between the two, I’m going to have issues soon. Mom likes Mercury the best. She thinks Pandora is just... hmmm, she thinks he just exists. She doesn’t care for him too much, BUT I DO!! :barnie

Now comes the question... do I suck it up and rehome all but one of the boys or do I make a small flock of 3 boys (one will stay with the girls)? What would you do? They’re all so sweet and never flighty. :love

Now for the fun part, PICTURES! :celebrate
Pandora. The Easter Egger. Personality-wise he’s a total sweetheart
044B6D1C-3CDC-4E5E-B08F-F92AE8B524DD.jpeg

Mercury. The Brahma mix. He likes humans, but is weary of cats and dogs when near his hens. I like him, he respects me.
C6D95AEE-5219-4CCF-9604-BF6D81A3B1DA.jpeg

Pedro and Napoleon. Pedro is the mostly white cockerel and Napoleon is the mostly red cockerel. These boys are the literal definition of human-snuggling boys :love These two will always hold a special place in my heart. (Not the best pic, I know).
B6A2462A-1F37-43D0-8A24-18F84EFAFC22.jpeg

Thanks for reading my long post. :D

Krystal, when I was about half your age, I loved to ride. We had friends with a farm and we'd go visit on the weekends. Their son and I would be up at the crack of dawn, pack a lunch in the saddle bags and ride. We had to be home before dark. It was a blast. Been thrown a few times and almost lost my head to a honeysuckle tree (google it), but that really didn't matter. After the last of the big steal strikes, they had to sell the horses and the farm. Haven't ridden since.

I dated a girl for a while that had horses, but all male and they hated me... So no riding there.

Today there's no way I'd put this big ole body on a horse. I don't bounce anymore, I just break :old
I’ve ridden since I was young but never had a horse of my own. Not sure when is too old to ride , I still love it and I’m 66.

So. I have 4 large fowl cockerels (one may be a rooster, I’m not sure of his age :)). Pandora, an Easter Egger, Mercury, a Brahma mix, Pedro, a RIRXWL, and Napoleon, a RSLXRIR. Pedro and Napoleon made friends after I separated the pullets and they are in their own separate coop. Pandora and Mercury have 8 laying pullets, and 2 non-laying pullets. 10 girls, not enough! Between the two, I’m going to have issues soon. Mom likes Mercury the best. She thinks Pandora is just... hmmm, she thinks he just exists. She doesn’t care for him too much, BUT I DO!! :barnie

Now comes the question... do I suck it up and rehome all but one of the boys or do I make a small flock of 3 boys (one will stay with the girls)? What would you do? They’re all so sweet and never flighty. :love

View attachment 1667789

Mercury. The Brahma mix. He likes humans, but is weary of cats and dogs when near his hens. I like him, he respects me.
View attachment 1667791

Pedro and Napoleon. Pedro is the mostly white cockerel and Napoleon is the mostly red cockerel. These boys are the literal definition of human-snuggling boys :love These two will always hold a special place in my heart. (Not the best pic, I know).
View attachment 1667792

rooster flock!

View attachment 1667789

View attachment 1667791

View attachment 1667792

Awwww .... I wish I was ready to get my chickens (long story) I’d love to take one of your boys

Back
Top Bottom