Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Checked on Charlotte just now and she's really starting to bag up! I give her a week before she starts popping out piglets~!
IMG_6358.JPG
IMG_6363.JPG
IMG_6361.JPG
IMG_6352.JPG

Ohhh what a sweetheart. She looks like shes starting to get ready to give birth any minute. I can't wait to see her piglets! Will you be keeping them all?
Had a little heart attack when I read that :gig No unfortunately I wont keep any.. Ok maybe one but the rest are going to be sold(Keeping the two is already a pain in my butt) 4 of them will be for butchering, Where i sell my eggs wants pasture-raised pork so I told them i'd keep a few to sell to them.. So whatever i'm not butchering will be sold, Might keep one girl from the litter :oops:

Question? - Coop Build.
Can I put sand in the roost and in the run? If yes should I have a little area with a dust bath? Like more of dirt then sand?
Never used sand in my coop before, Do you have a poop board under your roost? I wouldn't sand on the actual floor of the coop but I don't see the problem with putting sand in your run. Your chooks will probably just use the entire run as a dust bath area ;)

Back
Top Bottom