Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Another layer!:bun It's the blue one on the right.

The top one is a muscovy egg, the small white one is a bantam egg and the rest are newly laying standard pullets.
View attachment 1709118

I still want white and mint green eggs from my standard girls.:fl

Wow lovely! They look beautiful love! I love the colours. My partner didn't know egg colours could be blues and greens I showed him and his like how do they get them like that? I said the chicken lays like that. He wants blue and green eggs now lol.

Having grown up mostly cityish and then spending 20 years in the washing DC area and finally jumping into this new crazy lifestyle, I often get questions from my friends in the city. My favorite of all was: "Are blue eggs safe to eat?" and he was serious as a heart attack. Someone gifted him a box of eggs and he was too embarrassed to ask them about the blue egg. It took me a lot of effort not to laugh, but I did get a good laugh after the call.

Good evening/morning :)

Some pictures I took of my little chooks yesterday. All healthy and 8 layers out of 12. Pretty good with two 9/10 year olds and a hen who had lash egg... (the other is a big slacker and she knows it)

(pardon some of the overexposed pictures, it was 3pm and terrible lighting)
DSC_1716.JPG
Molly- 9yr
DSC_1717 (1).JPG
Molly- 9yr
DSC_1710.JPG
Jasmine- >1yr
DSC_1692 (1).JPG
Cinnamon- 5yr
DSC_1687.JPG
Cinnamon- 5yr

Flock Update:

Well one of the chicks has really watery poop... I'm a bit concerned :(. I mean they are all acting fine so I'm not sure which one :barnie, so going to keep an eye on these fuzzballs!

Today my lil future farmer reminded me that we haven't given veggie treats in a while so we grabbed some slivered carrots and some greens. He insisted that he give them the treats. They saw the carrots falling and came running! I think they like the carrots cuz they look like worms...:gig
View attachment 1709304 View attachment 1709305 View attachment 1709306 View attachment 1709307
I'm also excited that Sesame came and ate out of my hand today!!! :yaAll my little white striped blacks want to do that! They came running when i came out to feed them this morning.... even Crispy (one of the reds) is starting to trust me... think becuz i chase away the cats.

Here's a small clip of Treat Time

They are soooo cute!!! Im so inlove hun!
I cant wait to have chicks!
I will watch the video when im home from work love.

Having grown up mostly cityish and then spending 20 years in the washing DC area and finally jumping into this new crazy lifestyle, I often get questions from my friends in the city. My favorite of all was: "Are blue eggs safe to eat?" and he was serious as a heart attack. Someone gifted him a box of eggs and he was too embarrassed to ask them about the blue egg. It took me a lot of effort not to laugh, but I did get a good laugh after the call.

Jordan was so suprised to. And his Nan was like really they are blue? They couldnt believe me.

Good evening/morning :)

Some pictures I took of my little chooks yesterday. All healthy and 8 layers out of 12. Pretty good with two 9/10 year olds and a hen who had lash egg... (the other is a big slacker and she knows it)

(pardon some of the overexposed pictures, it was 3pm and terrible lighting)
View attachment 1709627 Molly- 9yr
View attachment 1709629 Molly- 9yr View attachment 1709630 Jasmine- >1yr
View attachment 1709631 Cinnamon- 5yr View attachment 1709632 Cinnamon- 5yr

They are beautiful ladies!!!!!
9 years old wow and still laying! Thats really really awsome!

Back
Top Bottom