Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Okay yall! It’s a good thing that I’m such a nervous nelly! Thank God that I check on these chicks often! I went out to check on em and Lucy and Camille were out eating and drinking.. so I went digging for Ethel..black one.. well, you won’t believe it unless you saw it.. she was tangled in Nilky’s feathers! Strangling her! There was a piece of mulch that was twisted in there and she had gotten her head tangled! Literally she was hanging by her neck! I had to carefully rip the feathers out if Nilky without strangling Ethel!! When I got her free I had to take feathers that were tight around her neck off:th.... I was shaking like crazy! This was her after.. I think she was a bit shakin up too!!!View attachment 1722886View attachment 1722887
Nice save!

Hi I am Susan from New York. I have been keeping chickens for 6 years now. I just added 3 amberlink hens, 3 bantam roosters , 1bantam hen, and 3 Easter egger hens and 4 straight run assorted breeds which I might never know what they are ... oh and 2 red sex link hens.

welcome20.gif

Had my own scare today. Went to the barn to find my mille d'uccle in with the porcelains and the porcelain rooster's head was bloodied and one eye is snapped shut. He's missing many feathers on his head, but his comb looks okay, and I think it could have turned out a lot worse. The porcelain is pretty passive which probably resulted in a fight that was quickly over once the other asserted his dominance, but he still is in rough shape. I think he should get better, and I really hope he does since he's the nicest d'uccle rooster we have. I ended up letting the mille stay in the porcelain pen and put the injured rooster into a separate cage.

Had my own scare today. Went to the barn to find my mille d'uccle in with the porcelains and the porcelain rooster's head was bloodied and one eye is snapped shut. He's missing many feathers on his head, but his comb looks okay, and I think it could have turned out a lot worse. The porcelain is pretty passive which probably resulted in a fight that was quickly over once the other asserted his dominance, but he still is in rough shape. I think he should get better, and I really hope he does since he's the nicest d'uccle rooster we have. I ended up letting the mille stay in the porcelain pen and put the injured rooster into a separate cage.
:fl I hope he recovers quickly!

Good morning/ evening :frow

So. Many. Eggs. Roughly 8 12-18 sized cartons mostly full. Plus the almost full flat of duck eggs. I think most of the ducks are laying now. Two 18 packs of standard and bantam chicken eggs are going to two of my aunts. And both are also getting a half dozen duck eggs.
View attachment 1722924
Dealing with the same thing. So many eggs right now it's crazy.

I hope they get better soon! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom