Flock/Life Journey's 2019

@WhoDatChick imlate to the partyso just ignore my post :gig:gig:gig:gig

For the 4th I'm selling some of my chickens to pay the extra we were short for bills :( And enjoing my hubs being home so i can escape the kids! :gig

A neighbor gave us new hatching eggs to try....
View attachment 1834594 View attachment 1834595 View attachment 1834596 View attachment 1834597 View attachment 1834598 View attachment 1834599 View attachment 1834600 View attachment 1834601 View attachment 1834602 View attachment 1834603 View attachment 1834604 View attachment 1834605 View attachment 1834606
:fl:fl:fl

I'm candling on Saturday afternoon to see if we have any growth. If they do I'll switch to 45 degree angle and start turning. :pop:love
Awesome! :ya

How did everything with the Chocolate Orpington eggs go? I’m behind... :oops:

Awesome! :ya

How did everything with the Chocolate Orpington eggs go? I’m behind... :oops:

i think they were too scrambled from shipping.. :( we had way too many red ring, scrambled aircells, and some even started to seep. shipping eggs are such a hit and miss...
we scraped them, the breeder we got them from was not happy and wanted me to keep incubating them but they were starting to stink so i ignored and threw away. I get it breeder wants a good name and i wasn't holding it against her.... *sigh* people are complicated! Chickens aren't! well as much!
we're going to try these barnyard mixes that only traveled in my car 15 minutes and see if they make it if they don't then i know it's my set up and i can work on getting it better. :clap:pop:wee:jumpy

i think they were too scrambled from shipping.. :( we had way too many red ring, scrambled aircells, and some even started to seep. shipping eggs are such a hit and miss...
we scraped them, the breeder we got them from was not happy and wanted me to keep incubating them but they were starting to stink so i ignored and threw away. I get it breeder wants a good name and i wasn't holding it against her.... *sigh* people are complicated! Chickens aren't! well as much!
we're going to try these barnyard mixes that only traveled in my car 15 minutes and see if they make it if they don't then i know it's my set up and i can work on getting it better. :clap:pop:wee:jumpy
Aww :hmm

Well good luck with the new ones! :fl

Happy July 4th :yathis emoji is most firework-like to me lol

FlockQueen I’m sorry about Athena :hit I’ve lost too many dogs over the years and they have a special place in my heart. I think I have it filled and won’t get anymore dogs unless my son begs us for one when he gets older then we will have to consider it.

Mystic have fun with your eggs :) if there are any you feel is best to throw away this time around my guess is that it will be the porous one in the third picture down.

Well not many updates for me, my button quail pair are doing good, the hen hasn’t laid any eggs since the one she laid a month ago when I first got them but I read that it’s common and takes some weeks for them to adjust to the new place.

I forgot to post that I got a guppy fish on June 13th, my sister helped me pick her out and named her either Fleur or Flores, I have to confirm with her what name whenever I finally catch her on FaceTime. She went back to Arizona the day after we got the fish. I got pictures on my phone, maybe I’ll remember to post them after I go to the lab tomorrow so I can get bloodwork done to see if I have immunity to hep B to apply for a job. Also asked the doc to throw in diabetes and celiac in the test..seems like everyone has celiac these days. 1 in 100 have it and my 23andme says I’m at a slight risk for it.

The reality is, I do this site, which is my “social media” of choice, on my phone, so it’s hard to keep up. And later in the evening, I try to read everyone’ posts and respond and then ah fall asleep. LOL.

Today I tried to get the flock in the run from free ranging and Ester was too STUPID (sorry... frustrated) to follow her mom into the run so I tried to catch her and terrified her. Sigh. So Cashew (Mom, Buff Orp) and chicks no longer get to free range except late in the day. Too difficult trying to get them back in.

@bantamsrmyfav i kinda had a feeling about those two as well! We shall see! Right now I'm worried about "12" (large egg, very dirty) I'm not sure if it's safe to clean it or not? Also I was looking at pics and I'm wonder if it's a dud or maybe was laid on by a hen for a while? If it was... I'll have one hatch way too early. Anyone know what i should do?

Back
Top Bottom