Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Welcome, Kim! The green one seems to be female and the orange one male.

The chooks LOVE peaches. :drool
View attachment 1849269

A few of your girls look very similar to mine! I believe we may have talked about this before, but I just had to say something. I'll get some good pictures with my new phone tomorrow. Speaking of a new phone, I'll be posting pictures of my flock more often!

Sad about the bad news, sorry Mystic and J. At least there is the hope of egg #3 hatching.

Welcome, Kim. My name is also Kim and I also have a son. No daughters tho, maybe I’ll have granddaughters one day. If I have one more kid in the future I’ve been told by a couple people it’ll be a boy. One said that by looking at the back of my son’s head. His crown goes clockwise so he would have a brother. The other person just flat out said it.

Anyways my mom has a dog that is not too large but I’d say medium sized. He is 11 and has never harmed her chickens. In fact if anything got in the yard he would scare them off. She had a smaller dog that killed chickens. So sometimes it depends on the breed of the dog or the individual dog itself.

Thank you! Karma isn't enjoying the eye drops, but she is enjoying the treats that come with medication taking.:lol: She had an immediate improvement after the first drops. Her eye is looking much less irritated now. Hopefully, she will be free of painfull eyes soon.

Here are the promised pictures from my new phone.
He got In a little fight with the other drake. That's why his feathers are messy.
20190720_101355.jpg
20190720_101423.jpg
20190720_102246.jpg
20190720_102231.jpg
20190720_102126.jpg
20190720_102108_HDR.jpg
20190720_102016_HDR.jpg
20190720_102014_HDR.jpg
20190720_101658.jpg
20190720_101519.jpg

Beautiful pics folks:love

Morning/evening all!!!

Super excited!!! So far little lone egg is doing great! Tomorrow is lockdown!!! Anything special i sound know??

I know i stop turning, leave lid sealed, and add moisture till 70%? I leave alone till day 22, if still not hatched toss as it probably didn't make it?

Don't be in too big of a hurry to toss the egg. Smell first and candle second, then decide whether to give it more time or not. I generally don't toss until day 25 and even then I'll candle first. During my first hatch, I tossed eggs into the compost bin on day 25. I came back about an hour later to hear my compost been chirping. That chick is now a member of the flock. Now I candle before I toss and I do some eggtopsies.

When it internally pips you should be able to hear chirping. Could be up to 24 hours from internal pip to external pip. It will be hard to set on your hands and wait.

Amazing pictures!

Same here I had a chick hatch on day 27. It had a cloudy eye and died 3 weeks later but as Bob said they can turn out healthy. I tried to keep mine around 65% humidity but that was when I was in California where it can be very humid. If you don’t see water droplets fogging up the incubator windows then it is probably fine.

Back
Top Bottom