Flock/Life Journey's 2019

Good morning all! Or good evening as the case may be. So yesterday i ran out of feed after morning feeding. Uh oh gotta go to the feed store (i swear this isn't a story about buying more chicks:gigsome, um, lovely person went to tsc right before i visited and bought every single last one that there were supposed tio have for the rest of this week:he)

Anyway back to the point...so i get feed from local feed store and come home. I'm wheeling the big boy down the drive to carry the bag and i just really feel watched or followed....turn around its not my usual culprits:lau:gigView attachment 1901295

:gig:gig:gig
You have been stalked!
My girls know the feed bab sound and if i take too long... help me! Lol!!!:lau

So sorry for your loss..hopefully the rest will make it. I've never hatched before..I'm trying though and its a little scary. :hugs

Thank you... not sure if these guys are going to thrive... i think part of these issues are from the temps not staying good during actual hatch time. :hmm
They shouldbe eating like crazy but nope... they also are not drinking enough! I keep giving them water, dunking their beaks, putting food close yo waterer. I'm just not sure what else to do! Except maybe go get a chick teacher for them... such a stresser and all... don't think we'll try hatching anymore, I'm thinking of selling Mr Toasted, that way I don't have to worry about roo craziness just egg laying! Or put him and all other roos in pen till fat.

Sorry venting... so frustrated!:rant:oops:

Thank you... not sure if these guys are going to thrive... i think part of these issues are from the temps not staying good during actual hatch time. :hmm
They shouldbe eating like crazy but nope... they also are not drinking enough! I keep giving them water, dunking their beaks, putting food close yo waterer. I'm just not sure what else to do! Except maybe go get a chick teacher for them... such a stresser and all... don't think we'll try hatching anymore, I'm thinking of selling Mr Toasted, that way I don't have to worry about roo craziness just egg laying! Or put him and all other roos in pen till fat.

So sorry.. that is frustrating... and sad :(... yea, I got rid of Vinny for that exact reason.. no shenanigans.. and NO temptation to hatch!

So sorry.. that is frustrating... and sad :(... yea, I got rid of Vinny for that exact reason.. no shenanigans.. and NO temptation to hatch!
At least I can say i gave it a go!!

And j totally did not go and cave at tsc.... :oops: ok maybe i did :gig

I also got a new tote to help with temp control.
3F6EAC6C-BBDD-4A1E-830D-5D0C04EDBB60.jpeg

Good Morning / Evening everyone :frow

@KLIL Krystal that looked yummy :drool

Mystic congrats on the hatch and sorry for your loss :hugs I lose some every hatch, my best theory is a vitamin deficiency in the parents. I'm going to try something next spring and see if it makes a difference.

That's an interesting theory! Let me know how it goes!! :hugs And thank you!

:gig:gig:gig
You have been stalked!
My girls know the feed bab sound and if i take too long... help me! Lol!!!:lau
All i have to do is walk out and when the door closes behind me all the ducks start quacking then the chickens come right behind it's great:lau:gigthat's normal...these little guys...as soon as they see me come around the corner they go crazy and as soon as i let them out they follow me until i produce fresh food and water...whether i just did it an hour before this or not:lol: but first thing in the day they all get so excited they're all trying to be on my feet:love

Tha

That sounds terrible and frustrating and sad all at the same time. This may not be something for me either. :fl I'm so sorry to hear this:hugs

So....question my friends. I just bought an above ground pool. However i forgot to ask but it may not have a cover. It's a 500-600 usd coleman pool that i got for 75:ya I'm a water girl and i don't drive.. only an electric bike that'll take me 20 miles per trip.. only water near me is a swamp. Now I've taken advantage of it but its not relaxing :lau

So i felt that i really needed this. Not set up yet so what do I need to do to keep the flock out. The ducks could swim in but probably only the mallard could make it up there. Then the problem is the chlorine...should i/can i reasonably easy and cheap BUILD a cover? I have too many birds freeranging to constantly monitor the pool. Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom