Flock/Life Journey's 2019

One of the two hatched! It's got chipmunk stripes and then grayish tint fluff on back, with yellow and white tummy!! Sooo cute!
View attachment 2007780
I'm a little worried about the second one, it still has hole opening and it's breathing but now yellow liquid is oozing out of hole a bit. I haven't touched, hopefully it will figure things out and zip.
If the hole closes over, you will need to open it.

The yellow ooze usually leads to a stuck chick

If the hole closes over, you will need to open it.

The yellow ooze usually leads to a stuck chick

It did get stuck, I tried helping it and another but they didn't make it, the others died as well, it looks like they all had defects. The two I helped had cross beak, three of the others never finished developing, and so on. :hit:hit

We only have one out of this hatch. We brought it inside, set up a little area for it and a mirror behind it so it sees another chick. We'll see if it survives the next few days. Hubs named it Paprika.

Oh, picture!!
IMG_20200121_181831567.jpg

It has leg feathers starting too

It did get stuck, I tried helping it and another but they didn't make it, the others died as well, it looks like they all had defects. The two I helped had cross beak, three of the others never finished developing, and so on. :hit:hit

We only have one out of this hatch. We brought it inside, set up a little area for it and a mirror behind it so it sees another chick. We'll see if it survives the next few days. Hubs named it Paprika.
Some of it could be incubator related. Some could be genetic or flock health. Shipping causes stress that messes up the yolk and caused issues like this.

Causes:

Shipping
incubator too cold on average over hatch
Flock health
some medicines give too close to collecting eggs
genetics.

Work on the ones you can. Shipped eggs is mostly incubator and hatching technique

Some of it could be incubator related. Some could be genetic or flock health. Shipping causes stress that messes up the yolk and caused issues like this.

Causes:

Shipping
incubator too cold on average over hatch
Flock health
some medicines give too close to collecting eggs
genetics.

Work on the ones you can. Shipped eggs is mostly incubator and hatching technique

It might be a bit of genetics, and incubator. I'm gonna get rid of this one I think and get a different one later.

For now I couldn't find any local babies so I'm praying for a good experience with ideal hatchery. :fl They had assortment chicks available and are not too far away. I got 10 chicks for minimum order and we'll see how it goes! Little Paprika needs friends. :jumpy:love

It might be a bit of genetics, and incubator. I'm gonna get rid of this one I think and get a different one later.

For now I couldn't find any local babies so I'm praying for a good experience with ideal hatchery. :fl They had assortment chicks available and are not too far away. I got 10 chicks for minimum order and we'll see how it goes! Little Paprika needs friends. :jumpy:love
I hope it works out! I have purchased from cackle before and it worked out well

I hope it works out! I have purchased from cackle before and it worked out well

I hope so too! Paprika is pacing and peeping, I got a feather duster today for it. It freaked for a few minutes but now cuddling up to it. I let my carrier know that they are coming, hopefully before they close on Saturday! They're coming from Austin,tx so.... :fl :fl :fl

Back
Top Bottom