Flock Management Failure

I'm so sorry
sad.png
(((HUGS))) beautiful girls.

I just can't imagine having chickens in AZ. I get worried when it gets into the 90s here and they're all panting and such. I've heard that anything over 100'F can be bad... It's got to be pretty hard to do down there...

I was going to suggest a timer also. I find I have to resort to using them all the time. I get easily distracted, start a million projects and then forget about them etc. So I set the timer least I forget to check on something. My problem is when the timer goes off, I can't remember what it was for. Getting old isn't pretty. Sometimes I think I need a 'shock collar," to jolt me back to the here and now.

Quote:
A Shock collar, now that is something I wouldn't have considered! I am going to look for a wearable timer. Many times I set the kitchen timer, but... If I am not in the kitchen... I can't really hear it go off.

This morning, there was a "deflated" eggless shell in the the coop.. Maybe it came from Roxanne who has been eggbound. I am hoping that is it anyhow. Her bottom looks smaller this morning.

I am still working on plans in my head for a new chicken area, so I can bring home some new chicks.

Sorry for your loss hens. Glad to hear your egg bound girl is getting back in form. I'm sure she would like some sunflower seeds to help things move a little easier.

I am glad you are planning on getting new chicks, don't give up. Hopefully you like the Meditteraneian breeds as they handle extreme heat better than some of the other breeds. That is one reason I choose the Sicilian Buttercups.

Keep looking forward.

I am so sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing it with us. The summer in Kentucky has been dreadful this year and keeping the chickens cool has been a chore. Thankfully we put the coop and run among pine trees so the girls have shade.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom