Flock of SG Dorkings

rtroxel

Songster
10 Years
Nov 26, 2010
Southern Wisconsin
I'm offering up my flock of Silver Grey Dorkings to make room for some of my other varieties.

I have Roger Tice's line of Reds and this year, I crossed three Red pullets with a Silver male that I got from the Superior Farm line. I hatched about 30 chicks from him and another 50 from his son. I've culled them down to about 30 or so young birds. All are silver, with the males carrying the Red gene (it's fairly visible in the wing on many). At the same time, I was hatching from 3 Silver hens from 2 lines, so I also have some pure Silver offspring. The pullets are pure silver and look great!

Fertility, hatchability, and livability were very good all year, and the adult hens are still laying very well despite the heat. Fertility is still good on the young male (son). I lost the old male, but have quite a few offspring from him still that made the cull.

In any case, the point is that I have decided to focus on the Reds. Which means someone(or someones) could get a pretty nice bunch of birds for great starter flock of SG with a surprising amount of genetic diversity for this rare variety. I'm not asking for a huge amount of money, mostly feed costs and little for next year. Pick-up only, as I have not desire to ship 20 birds...I might be convinced to drive a short distance to help meet someone.

I'm located in NW Indiana only about 25 miles from I-80 or I-65 and just 4 miles from US 30. If you are interested and serious in trying to keep a nice line of SG going, please EMAIL me. PMing is not as easy as email. [email protected]

I also have a starter flock Golden Laced Wyandottes available. They go back to Dave Lefeber (I got a pair from him right before his passing).

Thanks!
Rudy

Back
Top Bottom