Flock record keeping

I'm working on an iPhone app for tracking my chickens. I want to make something that's fun and easy to use to keep track of my chickens and share photos and posts with others. It's still in development but here's a screenshot of what I have so far:

You can track the number of eggs you have each day and record notes and photos as well. I'm also planning to add Twitter and Facebook integration so you can easily share your diary entries with your friends. The "My Flock" tab will let you enter information about individual chickens and "Reports" will give you graphs of egg production over time. What do you think? Once I have the initial version done I can add additional functionality to track other things as well, such as feed and expenses. Are there other things you'd find useful in this app?

George

Hi pagefarm, that's a lot of chickens! Do you have MS office suite? If so, I can send you a simple Access database where you can put in feed/costs and number/age of chickens.

Okay I have a version ready to use. I've submitted to the app store, hopefully I can get it approved soon. I'm going to make it available for free. If you'd like to try a beta before it's approved, just private message me your email address and I can let you in on the beta. Here are some screenshots:

The main features are the ability to quickly add daily egg counts and feed quantity, take photos to remember how your flock changes over time, and instantly see daily, weekly, and monthly charts of your feed and eggs. All information is safely stored on your own device. I've been using it for about a month now and I find it really convenient. I hope you will find it useful too. Let me know what you'd like to see next!

George

Love the app George. I've been using it for the past week. It's perfect for what I want to do... Very simple, not too many bells and whistles. Clean classic design. Thank you!

I got it, and perhaps I am not the most computer literate. So maybe it does this, and I have not figured it out, but you did ask for ideas.

I would like to be able to keep try of who is laying - at least by the breed. Right now I have a colorful egg basket, so it would be handy to know at the end of the week just how many green eggs, how many brown, and so on. Then I could make better culling decisions.

IF the app does that, can you help me set it up?

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom